ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS NOW CLOSED
The International Mineralogical Association invites you to submit an abstract for consideration, for either an oral and/or poster presentation for the XXII Meeting of the International Mineralogical Association being held between 13-17 of August, 2018.
All abstract submissions for IMA2018 require a submission fee of $33 to be paid. The submission fee is per abstract submission and is non-refundable. The abstract submission fee needs to be paid regardless of abstract acceptance or otherwise. Unpaid abstracts will not be considered for review.
For new abstract submission enquiries, please email [email protected].
For enquiries related to existing abstract submissions, please email [email protected].
Abstracts can be submitted for:
- Antimony: from mineralogy to remediation
- Applied mineralogy – from field to breakfast table
- Beyond Earth and Mars, planetary materials in the outer Solar System
- Clays and micro-organisms
- D.C. Bear McPhail Memorial Symposium
- Environmental impacts of nuclear energy: the new challenges
- Fluids, melts, element mobility and isotope fractionation in subduction zones: Petrological and geochemical insights
- Functional silicates and aluminosilicates: clays, zeolites and other minerals
- Geosciences and cultural heritage
- Gold – News from an old favourite
- In situ analysis
- Increasing resource efficiency through continuous monitoring from exploration to processing
- Iron ore mineralogy
- Latest developments in synchrotron-based studies in mineralogy, petrology and geochemistry
- Mantle xenoliths, kimberlites and related magmas: the diamond trilogy
- Martian mineralogy: observations, experiments, analogues and models
- Metamorphism at extreme conditions: the important role of UHP and UHT rocks in deciphering lithosphere evolution
- Meteorites and the Early Solar System
- Microbe mediated electron transfer in mineral-fluid systems and environmental consequences
- Mineral evolution and mineral ecology: the changes in species diversity and complexity in space and time
- Mineral materials
- Mineral-hazards: the environmental and human health problem represented by raw and man-processed mineral phases with special attention to asbestos minerals.
- Mineralogical approaches to trace archaeological provenance
- Mineralogical crystallography
- Mineralogy of human-modified environments
- Mineralogy past, present and future: preparing for the next 100 Years of the Mineralogical Society of America
- Minerals and mineral museums
- Modular aspects of mineral structures
- Natural or engineered clays and nanoparticles with various functionalities
- Pegmatite mineralogy, geochemistry, classification and origins
- Platinum-group elements (PGE) and platinum-group minerals (PGM) in magmatic deposits
- Radionuclide-microbe-mineral interactions
- Raw materials for a hi-tech world: geology, mineralogy and geometallurgy
- Reactions at the mineral-fluid interface
- Recent advances in our understanding of gem minerals
- Sciences behind gemstone treatments
- Stimulating perovskites
- Structure and properties of silicate glasses and melts: from laboratory to volcanic activities
- The ever-growing mineral diversity in the Earth and the Solar System: new minerals, including nano- and biominerals, and related nomenclature/classification issues
- Theoretical and computational mineral physics
- Unseen but integral to the Earth’s interior: How minerals determine properties and processes
- Uranium mineralogy: new minerals, structure complexity, thermochemistry and applications 80 years into the atomic age
- Water in minerals and its effect on physical properties
IMA2018 call for abstracts closed midnight 25 March 2018 Pacific Time (GMT-8).
- Only submissions submitted in English will be considered. Please ensure you thoroughly check your submission for spelling and grammatical errors as accepted abstracts will be printed as per your submission.
- Abstracts are to be no more than 3500 characters (approximately 500 words). Submissions that do not meet the word limit will not be reviewed.
- Abstract title, references, tables, images and acknowledgements are not included in the word count.
- Please ensure any acronyms are spelt out in the first instance.
- Ensure that all author information (names, affiliations and presenting author biography) is included and entered correctly.
- Presenters will be notified of acceptance in April 2018 and will need to confirm their attendance and registration before the close of the earlybird registration date.
- Presenting authors are required to register for the conference. No funding is provided to presenters. Any presenter not registered for the conference by the earlybird registration deadline will not have their abstract included in the program.
- No abstracts will be accepted for review after 25 March 2018.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting an abstract authors must agree to the following terms and conditions;
- I declare that the abstracts submitted is the original works of at least one author/presenter.
- If the abstract is accepted as an oral or poster, I confirm that at least one abstract author will register pay with full intention of attending and presenting the paper at the conference.
- No funding is provided to presenters. Any presenter not registered for the conference by the deadline specified in the acceptance email will have their abstract removed from the proceedings and program.
- If my abstract is accepted I also accept that the abstract will be published in a journal chosen by the organising committee.
- I am aware that only abstracts from authors (or co-authors) who are at the conference will be published.
- I am aware that if my abstract is selected, I provide consent for my presentation slides (for oral presenters), video and audio record and photos taken during my presentation/of my poster to be used and published by IMA, including being provided to delegates of the conference.
- I declare that the work described in this abstract has appropriate approval under local, ethical and animal experimentation rules.